INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL TRAINING OUR COACH BARISTAS
PASSING ON OUR KNOWLEDGE
With us, genuine passion always goes hand in hand with a vital need to pass knowledge on! Dynamic and comprehensive, our training centre is aimed at everyone. We use it to teach coffee culture, science and technology. Thanks to its in-depth knowledge acquired since 1934, the Malongo training centre is able to ensure that company personnel maintain their excellent standards. Our coaches pass on the noble knowledge of coffee to both amateurs and professionals.
Coffee, just like wine, is a science in itself. The training centre organises introductory sessions on the organoleptic, geographic, cultural and economic aspects of coffee. Coffee also has its own vocabulary, art and methods: this vast universe combines agriculture, commerce, sensory perception, gestures and technique.
We pass this knowledge on via our different modules depending on your specific needs
- Coffee-related knowledge & sensory analysis
- Coffee-related knowledge, espressos & recipes
- Filtration & gentle methods
- Perfecting recipes & Latte Art
- Introductory level SCA certification
- Intermediate level SCA certification
The various sessions are organised at Malongo’s 3 training centres in France.
- Paris – 17 quai des Grands Augustins – 75006 Paris, France
- Nice – 1167 Route de Saint-Laurent – 06610 La Gaude, France
- Lyon – Institut Paul Bocuse Studio Café – Château du Vivier 1A Chemin de Calabert – 69130 Ecully, France
Register for our upcoming SCA-certified Barista training sessions
- Initiation Barista session – Paris: 02 October 2019
- Intermediate Barista session – Paris: 03 December 2019
- Intermediate Barista session – Paris: 04 December 2019
The Malongo coffee school works in partnership with the French Education Authority when training pupils and teachers from high schools specialising in hotel and catering careers, while helping to create and share teaching tools.
Concours du Jeune Professionnel du Café
Since its creation in 1995 and up to now, the Malongo Young Coffee Professional Contest (Concours Malongo du Jeune Professionnel du Café – CJPC) has always highlighted the world of coffee: art, history and coffee-related careers. This contest was launched in partnership with the French Education Authority and has become a key event over time. The format has been regularly updated in order to adapt to the changing world of Baristas, as well as the modern teaching practices of hotels.
A source of future talent
A source of future talent
A written examination is organised in each region to select the 23 finalists for the Contest. The candidates will take part in all four verbal tests during the final phase: how to prepare espressos and cappuccinos, or a coffee menu, how to create and produce a trademark drink and finally, cup tasting. The first 2 candidates for the CAP/BAC and BTS categories qualify for the Grand Final. These candidates must then prepare two espressos and a trademark drink, on stage, with a mike and within a set time!
Preparing Espressos & Cappuccinos
Preparing a Trademark drink